What are the Quarantine Olympics?
Do you miss your friends? Are you going a bit crazy? We are too; enough is enough! The Civil and Environmental Engineering Students’ Society presents: The Quarantine Olympics! Now you may be wondering what The Quarantine Olympics even are... well, let us tell you. They are a friendly online competition that held over the next two weeks: March 30 - April 10. Think of it as an online GEER Week of sorts. They are open to anyone who wants to join – you don’t have to be part of engineering or even a student for that matter! There will be a series of Instagram and other Live Video events that will be held for points to win the title of King/Queen of Quarantine. A registration form to sign up will be released shortly if you are interested in competing. You can participate in as many or as few events as you would like!
The Prizes to be collected are as follows:
A $50 Amazon Gift Card – or – equivalent dollar value merch from the winner’s discipline club provided by the CEESS
A trophy with their name engraved on it
Their picture framed and hung in the Civil Club Lounge to be forever known as “the one who sacrificed it all to keep us safe”
$25 Amazon gift card – or – equivalent dollar value merch from the winner’s discipline club provided by the CEESS
$15 Amazon Gift card
A Civil Engineering Pint Glass
Prizes are subject to change as sponsors are procured. Meaning, if the prizes are to change, they will only get better. (More prizes for people, more valuable prizes, etc.)
Again, this is a friendly competition. It’s up to you how involved you are and how much fun you want to have with it. Our intentions are simple: bring some joy to a semester that ended so abruptly, increase the feeling of belonging to the incredible community we are part of, and have some fun!
Registration forms will be available by the end of today! If you like, comment, and share this on your page (make sure to tag us @civilclubualberta) you will be awarded 10 extra points in your run to be King/Queen of Quarantine.
It is during times like these when it becomes most clear how important it is to support one another; the most important thing we have right now is each other. With this in mind, especially with this being one of our primary goals in the creation of this event, we are currently seeking out means of supporting the people who have been impacted most by this global crisis. An announcement will be made on this website, as well as our social media accounts, and all donations can go through on this page. More details to come.
WHO CAN JOIN?
- Everyone can join! Students, staffs, families, pets, and friends! Our dedicated team has set up events that are engaging to make this quarantine life as fun as possible.
DO I HAVE TO PAY?
- No, this event is completely free for everyone to join! However, our team is fundraising money in support of Food Banks Canada and we are accepting monetary donations to reach our goal!
- To donate, click this link
WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
- Click the sign up button above! or click this link. It is an easy process, but should you need any help or or have any questions, feel free to contact us!
WHY SHOULD I SIGN UP?
- It's a friendly competition with your friends and family! We got lots of exciting events coming. From scavenger hunt, cooking challenges, online concerts, drawing challenges, and more that are worth points!
- There are also prizes to win if you're placed as one of the best!
- For more information about our events and schedules, go follow our social media platforms!